Eek, exciting 🙂
When I was first nominated I didn’t even really know what it was, so let me start by introducing you this lovely idea.
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. – The Global Aussie, founder
It is a wonderful idea, as it is a way to promote fresh blogs (like myself) with not a lot of exposure yet 🙂 Nominees should have less than 200 followers on their main blog but other than that, no restrictions 🙂
I will put up a link to the Global Aussie link at the bottom, where you find more information and the set of rules ↓↓
I’d like to thank Dayna Lynn who nominated me. Especially as a blogger new to to all this, recognition is invaluable. Having somebody tell you that your stuff is worth reading is so encouraging and that’s what I love the idea of this award and that’s also why I’m sending a gazillion cyber-hugs to Dayna Lynn. She posts very regularly on her blog (click →here←) and her posts always make me smile because they’re written in such a happy, relatable tone! Do check her stuff out, whether it’s her favorite lipstick or her Liebster Award acceptance post, I promise you’ll find something to smile about 😉
Now onto the next parts
10 facts about me… I already did a collection of facts about me (→click here←) But I’d be happy to share another few 😉
- I had my nose pierced THREE times but they all fell out so I just gave up on the idea.
- As a child I saw my great-uncle eat a prawn (or something like that) that was still moving, that has put me off shellfish for the rest of my life.
- I want my next dog to be a working German shepherd ❤
- Once, my “first” date arrived over an hour late. He didn’t explain or apologize so needless to say that it didn’t go anywhere 😉
- After watching “The Green Mile”, I cried hysterically. I still teared up hours later, when I was already in bed.
- I once bragged about never having experienced an injury from skiing. The same day I ended up in the hospital due to a bad fall. Karma.
- When I was 12 I lost a stupid bet and cut a chunk of my hair off. I looked like an idiot for weeks.
- I am an avid nail-biter. I’ve been doing it since I was a kid and I’ve been trying to quit for years but it’s annoyingly difficult.
- I swear. A lot.
- When I was younger I ran into a glass door in public and actually try to pretend that I did that purposefully. I don’t think I convinced anyone…
And now my answers to the questions that Dayna Lynn came up with 🙂
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
- My family and friends. Due my borderline & anxiety I can sometimes make things more difficult for myself and/or others but they have been nothing but loving and understanding and they’re the greatest support in the world.
- What is your favorite thing about Blogging?
- Uh, that’s hard to say, there’s so much to love about it! I think I’ have to settle for two things. 1) finding other blogs to read and connecting with others and 2) the ability to express myself through my writing 🙂
- What is your most prized possession?
- Generally speaking, I value things more when they have sentimental value. And I would never call my dogs “my possession” but since I’m technically their owner, they’re my most prized possession 🙂
- What is your favorite quote, and by whom?
- I love quotes, I even have one tattooed on my lower back but I absolutely do not have a favorite. But one that I actually really like is: “Not all those who wander are lost” by J.R.R Tolkien. It’s about belonging, something that I think about a lot so this is quite meaningful to me ❤
- What are your top 3 places you’d like to travel to?
- In no particular order: a) Alaska b) Norway c) Canada
- What are you most passionate about?
- Anything dog-related and mental health issues.
- Do you have a favorite movie? If so, what is it and why?
- Nope, I don’t… But I have a long list of movies that I could watch over and over again, for example the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, the Christian Bale “Batman” movies, “Wonder Woman”, or “Tangled” 😛
- What is your favorite hobby?
- Skiing, spending time with friends and canines ❤
- What is your dream career?
- To this day, I semi-dream about being an FBI Agent but since this is never going happen I re-focused my dream on becoming a dog-handler for a corrections facility or the police.
- Do you play any sports/instruments? If so, what?
- I used to play the piano but I haven’t in years, kinda miss it though… And I don’t actively do any sports at the moment but I used to play tennis regularly and obviously skiing in winter.
- What are your biggest fears?
- Disappointing or losing family and friends. I mean, I got all my anxiety/BPD stuff to deal with but nothing scares me as much as the thought of my loved ones not being there or letting them down.
And a new rule for 2017 is to introduce your favorite blog and write a wee bit about it. Now I do have a blogroll, a list of blogs that I love and that is being updated regularly (→click here←) but one that I come back to regularly is a German dog-blog about a young woman called Jana and her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Ivy. On their blog Frau Schmuddelfuss (→click here←) they share interesting stories, beautiful and funny photographs and anecdotes about their life together. Ivy suffers from a few health problems, so a lot of articles are about possible treatments, physiotherapy etc. which I find particularly interesting. She also touches on topics such as dog training, balancing job – private life – dog, training and even shopping sprees for our beloved furballs. I also adore the way Jana writes, it’s so “girl next door”. You don’t have to own a pet to enjoy her stuff but you should bring along an interest in canines 😉
And now my list of Nominees ❤
- http://maison-malou.de/ ⇔ Biggi Jourdan (German)
- http://hamerlike.ch/ ⇔ Claudia Hamer-Eschenmoser (German)
- https://piuslucius.wordpress.com/ ⇔ Pia Lambacher (German)
- http://www.kimberlyleupo.com/ ⇔ Kimberly Leupo (English)
- https://dawnwairimu.com/ ⇔ Dawn Wairimu (English)
- https://moetips.com/ ⇔ Anissa Watkins (English)
To accept your nomination, follow the rules as stated on here ⇒ The Global Aussie – Original Liebster Award and answer the following 11 questions. Once you finished your post, comment your blogpost-link as I’m quite curious to read your answers 😉
Questions for you to answer:
- If you could live one day as an animal, what animal would that be and why?
- What do you find most difficult about blogging and how do you deal with that difficulty?
- Pick one city from each continent that you’d like to visit (Asia, Africa, North-America, South-America, Europe, Australia)?
- What historical figure would you like to take out for a date and why?
- Who (real or fiction) is an inspiration to you and why?
- What would you like your tombstone to say?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- What childhood memory are you quite fond of?
- Out of the following super powers, which one would you choose and why; 1) breathing under water 2) flying 3) reading people’s minds 4) ability to time travel 5) invisibility
- What are three tips you would give to somebody who recently started blogging?
Thank you again Dayna Lynn, for this wonderful award and opportunity. Even though I’m still at the very beginning of blogging, it’s wonderful to be noticed 🙂
Much love to all of you, Ju ❤